Saturday 6 April 2013

Spring Confetti Nails!


So as spring is supposedly here (even though it doesn't seem like it in the UK) I thought I'd make my nails super cute and spring like. To be completely honest between you and me I painted them on the train on the way to Southampton! I don't think I did too badly with them either ;)

On to the nail polish! I used Barry M's Mint Green as the base colour which took two coats to make it opaque. I do really like this colour and the formula is almost gelly like however it is quiet sheer. The drying time is okay on the first coat but the second is hard to get thin and takes a lot longer. It is a glossy cream finish and I wouldn't use a top coat for extra gloss or lasting power as this polish lasts about 3 days without chipping which is long enough for me as I tend to change my polish ever other day.



The 'confetti' polish I used is by L'Oreal and is called 916 Confettis. I haven't ever used any polishes by L'Oreal before so I didn't know what too expect. I really do like this polish as it reminds me of an Indie Polish and not the sort of thing a 'drugstore' brand would make. The hexagonal flakes are in two different sizes and in black/white. There is also a faint sparkle which didn't come out in the pictures but it is there and if I look closely at my nails you can see it. The brush is fairly wide but not the widest that I have seen compared to the Barry M it is really good though. The drying time is quick too.



I really liked this and think it would look cute on all length nails, I consider it the 'lazy polka dot' because that's what I originally planned to do but changed my mind as I thought this would be easier to do on the train.






Thanks for reading and if you re-create these tweet or Instagram me a picture @tashalovesnails

Tasha
-x-x-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment