Wednesday 24 April 2013

Post 3: What's in my makeup bag right now?



I have made it to post 3, wooohooo! I know this post is a little late but hey ho, sometimes it's just not meant to happen the way you expected.

Now onto the post, I don't actually have a 'makeup bag' I have a little draw from Ikea which is called the Kupol where I store my everyday makeup and things like that. I prefer doing this as it looks neater than having an over flowing makeup bag on my makeup table!


The three eye liners I have been using lately are all by Rimmel London, for liquid liner I use Glam Eyes Professional Liquid Liner which is £5.26 in Boots. I really like this eye liner as it is easy to get a precise line which is long lasting and very black. For pencils I have been using two Scandal Eyes ones from Rimmel in the shades Nude 005 & Black 001. They are both the Khol Kajal Waterproof formula which I had never tried before but really, really like. They are both very highly pigmented and the creamy texture makes then easy to apply on the water line. Although I haven't properly tested the waterproofness I think they would be quiet successful as they are long wearing. They retail at £3.99 in Boots.


For Eye brows I don't do a lot but what I do, do is use the Natural Collections Clear Mascara to comb through and set my eye brows. Then, if I feel like it, I fill them in with MUA single eye shadow in 16 Matt.


I have been using two mascaras lately and really like both of them. Max Factors Clump Defy is a more natural looking mascara and the formula is a lot dryer as I have had it for longer. Maybeline the Falsies is one of the most popular of the Maybeline mascaras and I found it on clearance so I figured I should try it. The wand is, in my opinion, hard to use and the formula is very watery but still very black. 


I have been using two concealers at the moment which are No7 Instant Radiance concealer and Collection (2000) Lasting Perfection Concealer. They are two very different concealers but over all I probably prefer the No7 one as the Collection one can be cakey at times. I also prefer the No7 one because I like how it highlights your skin and makes you look more awake.


For lips I have a bright and a more 'everyday' colour. Rimmel Apocalips in shade Stella is an amazing bright Coral/Pink and is perfect for a sunny day. The richly pigmented lip lacquer is smooth on the lips and doesn't settle into fine lines, however it does bleed after a few hours. My H&M Lipstick in 'Being Perfect' (couldn't find a link) is a more nutral coral pink shade which you can wear on a daily bases, the finish is more of a shine than glossy like the Apocalips but is still smooth and non drying. The only thing I can complain about this lipstick is that the wear time is awful and after about an hour most of it has gone which is a shame.



For my eye shadow I tend to ordientate to MUA Palettes, in particular the Undress Me & Undress Me Too. I absolutly love both palettes and find them perfect for everyday and special occasions. The pigmentation is great and along with a primer they last all day on my Oily eye lids!


For my base I use Revlon Colour Stay for Oily/Combination Skin (Review) with Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. I really love the Revlon foundation but I do think it is slightly over priced for a 'drugstore' foundation however it is the ONLY foundation from the Drugstore which can handle my Oily skin. The Stay Matte Powder is really nice for setting my foundation and for just £3.99 I can't really complain!


For eye bases I like the MUA Professionals Eye Primer (note the packaging and name has changed but it's still the only eye primer they do), I think this product is absolutly AMAZING, possibly the best thing MUA has ever produced! It can make even the worst eye shadow brighter, and last twice as long. So basically I sort of... maybe... like the Primer? I also have the Maybeline Colour Tattoo in On and on Bronze which I have neglected after not liking the colour very much on me when I first bought it. I wanted to try and find other ways of wearing it as everyone on YouTube always sings it's praises, so I thought why not?



For Blush I have been using Natural Collections Peach Melba and Fashionista's New York. The Natural Collection blush is matte and quiet natural where as the Fashionista one is a sheer glow yet it still looks nice and natural.

What's next?

Post 4: My favourite Nail polish's of all time



3 comments:

  1. I love all of these products

    http://blogandadvice.blogspot.co.uk/

    come follow me xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love so many of these products :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try Collection 2000 concealer!

    Check out my OPI nail polish giveaway!
    GIVEAWAY HERE!

    ReplyDelete