Friday 4 July 2014

IMATS London 2014 Haul!


This year I finally managed to go to IMATS along with my best friend Jade. We got up super early and headed by train into London then after a series of tub trial and error, arrived at the Olympia Hall Kensington. The hall wasn't as big as I thought it was going to be but I suppose I'm used to hearing about the American IMATS which are obviously bigger. Nevertheless, it held many gems and bargains so here is what I got!

Nars

I picked up a gift set for £15 containing 3 Velvet Matte Lip pencils and a sharpener. I can't find it online but I was told that they were 50% off so a bit of logic tells me that they would normally retail for about £30 which is a good discount. The shades left to right in the box are Sex Machine, Damned and Marina. Once I got them home and played with them a bit I realised that they are probably best suited for Autumn/Winter as they are all quite dark and deep. I do however like the formula as they are very pigmented and feel smooth on the lips.

Crown

I had been dying to try some crown brushes as they have great reviews and are just so cheap! The stand was massive and fully stocked so I was impresses immediately with the choice. Discount wise, I am not sure how they were because some had less off than others but it seemed to me that they categorised them so most eye brushes were £3, Cheek £6-£10 and face £10-£20.

 I picked up 5 brushes which caught my attention when I was looking around the stool, I needed a new brush brush as I only have one so I picked up the C405 which is a small Contour brush as seen below. I washed all the brushes once home but for some reason this one stinks! The bristles smell of a factory and won't fade, not impressed.

I wanted a new foundation brush so I picked up the C450 for £16 and I have to say I really like it.


Next I picked up two eye brushes which are dupes for the Sigma E35 brush (which I love!) and the MAC 217 which I am yet to try! Top is the C441 (E35) and below is unnamed (217). Both £3.


Lastly I picked up the IB111 Round Angle Blender which I want to use for concealer under my eyes as it is dense but small enough to fit. £3.


Brush Guard 

As I travel a lot with my brushes I wanted to protect them best possible so I figured these would do the trick at £3.95 each!


Inglot

I love Inglot so when there was 30% off I got quite excited and decided to try something other than eye shadow as I don't find myself using them all that often. I was in the queue and noticed these gorgeous blushers and illuminators. All in all with the case which is actually for a face powder as they don't do duo blusher ones it came to £16 which I thought was a bargain. The shades I got were: 203 & 204.



Boots (after)

We popped into Westfields to grad some lunch and I accidentally fell into Boots! Shock, horror! However all is not lost as I didn't spend a penny, Boots Advantage card points are like Gold Dust and I have been saving them since forever so I thought I'd spend £17.50 of them on a Benefit Gimme Brown so I could stop stealing Hannahs!



I have also filmed a haul on my makeup channel tashalovesbeauty  so please check that out for more info on the products!

Thanks for reading!

Tasha x

No comments:

Post a Comment